Nowadays PrestaShop database transfer is highly demanded business maneuver, triggered by multiple business needs. You might need to open another PrestaShop store, change the domain, move to new server or shift store from Cloud to self-hosted version.
In any of cases mentioned, you would like to attain maximally consistent and fluent data copying, including products (with all related details), categories, orders, customers. To migrate PrestaShop data to another store in time-efficient way, you can consider Store Manager for PrestaShop import/export functionality.
Store Manager includes import/export wizard for categories, products, customers, orders that allows you to copy related details to new store in the way outlined below.
1. Export Category Tree Structure
Migrating PrestaShop data to another store starts from category tree structure copying to .csv file.
- Launch category export wizard (Tools->Import/Export->Import/Export Categories) and select Export action.
- Choose file to store category data after export.
- Select ‘All Categories’ on the next step to pull down entire category tree.
- Specify file separators or leave default and consider delimiter used to detach categories in category path.
- Select all category fields to be exported to .csv on the following step and confirm the procedure.
Important:You can use category export if you want to move exactly the same category tree to target store. Store Manager allows to create categories in the process of product import. If you have full category path specified for each item in product import file, these categories or subcategories will be created and products will be assigned to them.
Download FREE Store Manager for Data TransferDownload Now
2. Export Products from Source PrestaShop Store
Prepare .csv file with products exporting them from existing store through wizard.
- Open export wizard and select the file to store product data.
- Decide on export options displayed in the following wizard page.
- Export full category path – if you want to create categories on the fly, while migrating PrestaShop data to another store, enable this checkbox.
- Export parent details – if you want to record parent product details (name ) in .csv file for all product combinations, enable this option.
- Product accessories identification method – in order to preserve accessory relations, choose the identifier for them. Output file will have Reference or EAN13 in Accessories column depending on what you choose.
- Set export file delimiters or leave default on the following step.
- If you enable ‘Use ID as category path’ checkbox, result export file will contain category ID not path. Do not enable this option since you won’t be able to assign products to categories at new store since they will not have the same IDs.
- When shifting store from Cloud version to self-hosted or changing server, you need to transfer images respectively. With Store Manager you can easily move images either using their URLs or download them in the process of export to local folder.
- Export image filename with HTTP URL path – if you enable this option, entire URL path to product images will be recorded to output .csv file.
- Download product images to the following directory – if you choose this, pictures will be drawn from the server to local folder, you specify below.
- Select all product related fields to pull them to .csv file.
- Launch customer import/export wizard from main menu, select ‘Export’ action and choose file customers will be stored in afterwards.
- Consider file separators and customer groups delimiter (if customer belongs to more than one group, all these groups will be arranged within one file column and separated by this delimiter).
- Choose all customer related details at this step and confirm export to transfer them to spreadsheet.
- Open order export wizard and select file to store orders.
- Select orders to export – all existing orders or selected in Store Manager ones.
- Set file delimiters or leave default.
- Select fields to be exported to .csv, using traditional options on this step or field groups filter.
- Finish export pressing “Export” button.
- Install and configure PrestaShop store. Please check PrestaShop official documentation describing how PrestaShop installation is being accomplished – http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Installing+PrestaShop
- Add languages and download language packs – http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Languages, http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Translations
- Enable mulsistore option, if you plan to create multiple shops, create shop groups and shops – http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Multiple+Shops.
- Configure the payment methods as this tutorial describes – http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/First+steps+with+PrestaShop+1.6#FirststepswithPrestaShop1.6-Configureyourpaymentmethods
- Set up carriers and shipping methods – http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/First+steps+with+PrestaShop+1.6#FirststepswithPrestaShop1.6-Configureyourpaymentmethods
- Store Manager allows to preserve all product properties in the process of export/import.
- If you have product combinations, you can import them to new store, although you have to create attribute groups first. Store Manager will automatically create attribute values, though it does not allow to create attribute groups via import.
- Product features should also be created manually on the new store, you move database to via import. Features values, specified in the file will be created automatically at new store.
- Manufacturers, exported from source store, will be assigned to products at new store and automatically created.
- PrestaShop suppliers must be created at new stores. Further you can assign them to merchandise uploading exported file.
- Tax rate and rules should be created manually, import allows to assign rates
- Shipping carriers are supposed to be created before data transferring, since import allows to assign carriers not create them automatically.
- Start category import wizard and opt for import option there.
- Choose exported from source store datafile on the following step and preview extract from file on the following page.
- Set delimiters matching the ones used to separate data.
- Map file fields with database ones to append data correctly and get store category structure transferred. Use automap option to link fields automatically, since exported by Store Manager file has identical column titles.
- Use ‘Add and Modify’ import option on the last step of import wizard and complete the procedure.
- Run product import profile and select datafeed to import products from.
- Adjust delimiters or leave default ones. File preview box allows you to verify accurateness of separator setup.
- Associate file columns with database fields to migrate data to another PrestaShop store or apply automapping since exported file columns have identical names.
- Set import options on the last wizard step. It is advisable to choose ‘Add and Modify’ import method. To create attribute and feature values, you have in the exported file, enable ‘Create new attributes’ and ‘Create feature values’ options.
- Launch customer import wizard and select necessary file for import.
- Set file delimiters and preview parsed data in the field below.
- Complete fields mapping to link file columns to appropriate database fields.
- Designate options at the last page and complete upload.
Done! Catalog has been downloaded from source PrestaShop site.
3. Export PrestaShop Customers
Download PrestaShop customers via export wizard next.
4. Export PrestaShop Orders
You should now export orders, since you will definitely like to transfer sales to target store.
Before starting data migration, you need to:
5. Form Category Tree at New PrestaShop Store
On condition that target store should have the same category hierarchy, source store possesses, it would be nice to import categories and build the structure on the fly.
Important:Category import will be successful if you select Category Name (full category path) as identifier. Category ID can be used for update only. Force category ID import can’t be fulfilled with Store Manager, since IDs are autoincremented maintaining data integrity in this way. Using utomapping you got ID field mapped and now you can unlink it manually.
Check category tree in Store Manager after import is accomplished.
6. Import Products to New PrestaShop Store
Once categories exist at PrestaShop you can fill them with product listings using exported from source store file.
If you have full HTTP path to PrestaShop product images in .csv, just enable Import Images box under preview box.
To upload locally saved pictures you have to activate this option and also select the folder keeping these images.
To import combinations, select combination reference in ‘Identify combinations by’ dropdown.
Exported combinations should have unique references to be created at new store after import.
To preserve accessories at new store, you have to set identifier, you have in the export file.
7. Import PrestaShop Customers
Add customers to new PrestaShop site using customer import wizard as it outlined below.
Download FREE Trial Version of Store ManagerDownload It Now
8. Import Orders to PrestaShop
The last step of data migrating in sale upload to new store.
- Launch order import wizard and choose the file keeping orders.
- Move to the next step, outline file delimiters and have a look at preview.
- Assign file columns to PrestaShop database fields and set order, customer, address, product identifiers.
- Set PrestaShop order import options on the last step, complete the procedure and check orders in the application.
- How to Upload Excel Files to PrestaShop?
- Import Products to PrestaShop using Store Manager
- Get the Sample of PrestaShop Import CSV File
- How To Change Product’s Price and Quantity in a Few Seconds?
- Update Stock for PrestaShop Combinations in Bulk
- Make Your PrestaShop Product Import Automated
- Store Manager Extends its Potentials with XML File Import
- How to Manage PrestaShop Data in the Process of Import by Means of Expression?
- How to Import Multi-Lingual Product Details to PrestaShop
- Update PrestaShop Inventory Having Only 2 Columns in Import File
- PrestaShop Data Import or How to Perform Product Import from .csv File to PrestaShop
- How to Import PrestaShop Products Into Specific Shops?
- Make Your PrestaShop Import Successful Once and for All
- This Is a Chance for Bright PrestaShop Inventory Management
- How to Accomplish PrestaShop Cron Import with Automated Product Import Addon?
- Auto-Select and Import the Latest File from a Directory to PrestaShop
- How to Make Bulk Updates Easily
- How to Import Multiple Images to PrestaShop Products
- Import PrestaShop Products into Multiple Categories/Subcategories
- Tips on How to Import PrestaShop Attribute Combinations