Whenever Advanced Stock Management is activated at your store, you have an opportunity to heedfully manage PrestaShop warehouse stock. To avoid stockouts in warehouses you have, respectively, to replenish product quantity in time. Store Manager for PrestaShop introduces such a possibility and allows to update stocks per warehouse in bulk via import.
Below we provide step-by-step guides on a whole process of update PrestaShop stock in warehouse procedure performed with Store Manager for PrestaShop.
Stock update outlined in this tutorial concerns PrestaShop stores with ASM enabled. Please, check how to enable Advanced Stock Management – How to Set Up PrestaShop Advanced Stock Management and Track Inventory With It: Step by Step Instructions
Update Warehouse Stock: Pre-Import Tasks
In order to import quantities to warehouses, you must get acquainted with file pattern. Let’s have a look at the sample extract and analyze file structure.*Required Fields
- Product identifier – in the process of update PrestaShop stock in warehouse procedure fulfilling you have to identify products using one of suggested identifiers (reference, ID (update only), reference and product name, EAN, product name). Make sure identifier is present in the file you use for import.
- Advanced Stock Management – assign product to ASM indicating 1 in this field.
- Depends on stock – this options should be enabled for products if their stock is based on warehouse. Specify 1 for each product in this field.
- Warehouse – specify warehouse, stock will be updated in, for each product in the import file. Each product takes separate row in the import file if you update quantity for one warehouse only. Whenever an item is assigned to several warehouses, their names and stock are indicated in next rows.
- Warehouse quantity – provide usable quantity in the file.
Enumerated above fields are responsible for stock update, thus if you update existing products, you can import these details only. Additionally we have category, price, status, position, manufacturer. You may import any product related details as well.
You can get file template by exporting existing products or downloading sample file Get File!
Store Manager for PrestaShop import tool is packed with features that are specifically designed to make managing your products a positive experience instead of a hassle.
Import is a bulk procedure that changes all your product information. If you append large product quantities, it is recommended to have a backup copy without the modifications so that you can put things back in case something goes wrong.
In order to update PrestaShop warehouse stock you should run usual data transfer via import. All the import peculiarities, recommendations and instructions are outlined in this article – PrestaShop Import: How to Perform Product Upload from CSV File to PrestaShop. To help you successfully update stock, we mention import wizard settings you should pay attention to.
1. Matching Import Fields
One of configurations preceding data input through import is fields associating. Set correspondence between database fields and .csv file columns. Make sure details, responsible for PrestaShop warehouse stock update, are linked as well and correct identifier is determined.
ImportantUsable quantity is updated via import. Since usable quantity is actually a part of physical quantity, the last will be changed automatically.
2. Specifying Import Options
The last step of the import wizard offers you multiple configurations to adjust. Determine import method, product and category options if necessary.
Store Manager for PrestaShop eliminates all the hassles of daily routines and makes inventory management fluent.
Update PrestaShop Warehouse Stock FREE with Store Manager Update Stock Now
How to Set Up PrestaShop Advanced Stock Management
Activate PrestaShop Advanced Stock Management option, add warehouses and assign products to them manually or in bulk. Read More…
How to Transfer Stock Between PrestaShop Warehouses
Get detailed guides on how to smoothly transfer inventory to another PrestaShop store. Read More…