PrestaShop Advanced Stock Management feature continues to acquire more and more admirers. It is a great tool for inventory management optimization that allows store owners to use multiple sources of inventory and handle them in one place.
Advanced Stock Management allows you to indicate quantity for every product (combination) in your store, specify the warehouse, product is kept in (with multiple carriers), track inventory movements, it’s current status etc.
Starting from version 18.104.22.1685 Store Manager for PrestaShop enhances Advanced Stock Management (further ASM) possibilities and brings new possiblities to inventory tracking via this tool.
Below in this post you will find out how the system is set up in Store Manager for PrestaShop, how it works and what concepts Advanced Stock Management comes with. (This tutorial shows ASM overview in PrestaShop 1.6.x)
1. Activate PrestaShop Advanced Stock Management Option
At start you need to enable ASM. You can find it at PrestaShop admin side, but not in Store Manager application. Activating includes the following actions from you:
- Log in to your store admin panel.
- Navigate to left side menu and find Preferences option. Drop down menu offers you various departments, among which Products section is available. Click on it and scroll down to Product Stock section on this page.
- Enable ASM. If necessary allow system to associate all new products with ASM automatically and set default warehouse (after you create warehouses).
This tab should appear in Store Manager’s main menu.
2. Add PrestaShop Warehouses
ASM can not be used for inventory tracking if no PrestaShop warehouse exists. Each of product and combination should be assigned to the warehouse or warehouses, so warehouse creating is the next thing you should get ready with.
- Open Stock->Warehouses in Store Manager application.
- Press Add Warehouse button on the toolbar.
- Insert all the details asked for the warehouse:
- Reference (unique identifier) and warehouse name
- Manager responsible for its running
- Physical address
- Select management type and stock valuation currency
- Assign carrier
- Link warehouse to specific shop
- In case no carrier is associated with a warehouse, clients WILL NOT BE ABLE to purchase products this warehouse holds. Carrier is responsible for product shipping from it and cannot be missed.
- Shop association is important and defines which warehouse orders will be sent from for this or that shop. If you have more than one shop, link the warehouse to necessary one/s.
- PrestaShop warehouse management type is the way of accounting evaluation and depends on selected country regulation. It CAN NOT BE CHANGED once warehouse is created.
- Stock evaluation currency CAN NOT BE CHANGED once it is saved for warehouse.
- Warehouse can only be deleted if there are no products associated.
3. Assign PrestaShop Products to Warehouse
PrestaShop merchandise will be tracked via Advanced Stock Management if your products (and combinations) are assigned to warehouses. Store Manager offers you usual manual method of product assign, bulk associating in product lower grid or in the process of import. LetвЂ™s review each
Assigning Warehouse Manually
Whenever several products miss warehouses, you can prefer this way of assigning
- Hover over product catalog to reach necessary product (or its combinations).
- Open Warehouse tab in the lower grid.
- Check box for warehouse, product or combinations will be located at and save changes.
This is how Advanced Stock Management functions and how Store Manager simplifies merchandise handling if this option is enabled.
Get FREE 30-DAY Store Manager for PrestaShop TrialDownload FREE
Bulk Warehouse Assign
Whenever you need to assign warehouse to whole category products, you can do it in the lower grid of Store Manager application.
- Choose all the products PrestaShop warehouse will be assigned to in Store Manager.
- Open Warehouse tab in the lower grid.
- Check boxes for products under the warehouse, the products should be assigned to.
Assign Warehouse via PrestaShop Import
Another way of warehouse associating is import. Uploading products to your store you can create warehouse associations.
Beside product related details, your import file should include Warehouse column, that respectively contains warehouse name. The item to be assigned to more than one warehouse, you must input each warehouse in separate row under the same product (See the screenshot of sample import file).
Configure settings within product import wizard, paying attention to fields mapping. File column, listing warehouses should be assigned to fitting database field. Do not forget to select suitable product identifier.
4. Allow Stock Management for PrestaShop Products
In order to handle all product quantities via PrestaShop Advanced Stock Management rather than in usual way, you have to enable system for these items.
- Select the products in Store Manager application.
- Navigate to the lower grid Quantities tab.
- I want to use the advanced stock management system for this product
- Available quantities for current product and its combinations are based on warehouse stock
- I want to specify available quantities manually
- To get PrestaShop stock synchronized with warehouse one, enable the first two options.
- Open Stock->Stock Management in Store Manager. This section keeps all the products and combinations you have at online store.
- Select a product or combination (expand product rows to get the list of combinations it has), stock will be added to and click Increase button either on toolbar or in the context menu.
- If quantity, you add for selected product, should be available for ordering, you respectively need to check Usable for sale option. If you disable it, quantity will be added to physical merchandise. Let’s see the examples.
- Open Stock->Stock Management.
- Select product whose quantity will be reduced and click Decrease option either on toolbar or in the context menu.
- Indicate quantity to remove, employee who updates the inventory, warehouse (if this products is available in several warehouses).
- Start POS either pressing F12 or Store -> Point of Sale.
- Select product (or scan its code) to be added to order.
- Select a customer, payment and delivery details, order status and create an order.
The option I want to specify available quantities manually enabled by default, is responsible for manual quantity adjustments and respectively prevent PrestaShop inventory handling with Advanced Stock management system.
5. Adding Stock to PrestaShop Warehouse
Now product quantities will be managed and tracked through ASM, since you have enabled it on previous step. Let’s add stocks to warehouses.
Special Stock Management window appears. In this window you add quantity to certain warehouse.
PrestaShop deals with two notions PrestaShop quantity available for sale and Physical quantity and you should differentiate them if you manage PrestaShop inventory with Advanced Stock Management.
PrestaShop quantity available for sale (Usable quantity) is the number of products, displayed in shop for each product and product combination. It defines whether the product can be ordered or not (in case Allow ordering out-of-stock products option is not enabled). If you disable this option, the quantity you add, won’t be available for purchase, but stored for other purpose.
Physical quantity is physically stored inventory, though not available for sale.
We are adding quantity for sale, check this option and provide quantity in the field above.
After quantity has been added we see these figures in Store Manager, physical quantity=100 and usable quantity=100.
Now we add physical quantity to the same product, disabling Usable for sale checkbox.
After update usable quantity remains the same though physical quantity increased.
If a product belongs to several warehouses, select from dropdown the warehouse, you manage stock for.
Quantity can’t be decreased via Increase option providing minus value there. You should use Decrease option, available analogically on the toolbar or in the context menu.
6. Removing Stock from PrestaShop Warehouse
When for some reason or another you need to subtract product quantity in some warehouse, you can do it manually via Decrease option.
If you unable Usable for sale option, quantity you provide, will be taken away from physical product quantity. To reduce usable quantity by value specified, check Usable for sale box correspondingly.
Let’s first remove quantity from physical stock. We do not check Usable for sale option. Physical quantity is 1000 and usable quantity is 770 at the moment. We are going to remove 100 items from physical stock.
After update we have 900 items in physical stock and the same 770 items in usable one.
How is usable merchandise decreased? Now do we check Usable for sale button and provide 50 in Quantity to remove field.
Both, physical and usable for sale quantity reduced, since as you know physical quantity consists of usable and physical stock.
PrestaShop stock reduction after order creation is another example here. Let’s create an order with Store Manager for PrestaShop POS.
We set order as delivered and check stock movements.
As you can see, the product has appeared under label Customer order, its stock decreased by 1 item.
7.Tracking Stock Movements
All PrestaShop stock changes, be it merchandise replenishment, decrease, transfer between warehouses are recorded in Store Manager, so you can anytime check how quantities migrated. Where can you find such information?
In Stock Management section (Stock->Stock Management)
Select a product, for which you want to analyze stock movements and navigate to the lower grid. It contains two tabs – Stock Movement and Warehouse, where you can respectively check product physical quantity changes and warehouses, selected product is associated with.
In Stock Movement section (Stock->Stock Movement)
There are all product stock movements in Stock Movements section. Each stock change is recorded for each product, so you can instantly get an idea of how quantities moved (increased, decreased or moved from one warehouse to another).
Store Manager provides all the possibilities for convenient PrestaShop stock movements analyzing.
Movements can be filtered by warehouses, what allows you to investigate stock movements by specific warehouse.
Movements can also be rearranged pressing any grid column heading – in descending or ascending order if the field is numeric, like product price, quantity, ID or alphabetically (vice versa).
In order to quickly reach necessary movement you can make search more precise, customize it using some search parameter. Hit an arrow beside any column name, choose Customize option and provide value to search stock movement.
This is how Advanced Stock Management functions and how Store Manager simplifies PrestaShop inventory handling if this option is enabled.
Handle PrestaShop Product Inventory FREE with Store Manager for PrestaShop and Advanced Stock ManagementGet Store Manager
How to Transfer Stock Between PrestaShop Warehouses
Get detailed guides on how to smoothly transfer inventory to another PrestaShop store. Read More…