Store Manager possesses a multi-functional PrestaShop product import wizard that accommodates to your needs, simplifies data appending and offers numerous options, making the overall process more flexible.
In fact, wizard includes logically organized steps, within which you should configure PrestaShop import settings. In order to attain successful outcomes, each of steps should be inspected carefully. Before providing detailed explanation what all these capabilities stand for, we are going to draw your attention to these notes:
- Store Manager does not impose restrictions on file formats and accepts data provided in .csv, .xml, .xls, .xlsx, .txt and .ods files
- Data can be appended from local files or those, placed remotely. Select file source and indicate path, URL to file or FTP details and filename, depending on the source.
- Before implementing global changes you can proceed with database backup
- PRO version of Store Manager for PrestaShop does not set limits on number of listings you can upload in one go
PrestaShop Product Import: File Delimiters and Additional Options
After you launch the wizard either from Tools -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Products or pressing applicable option on product toolbar and decide on the file to be uploaded, you will face the step, responsible for delimiters, image and downloadable product upload. What can be set in this window?
- Configure proper file terminating character so that it will be parsed properly. Preview box below lets you instantly check results.
- Separator for multiple values in one column – if some of your file columns include multiple values (e.g customized fields, images), you need to detach them using delimiter.
- Terminating character used to separate subvalues of one value – if, for example, you upload customized fields, there will be included label and is_required subvalue in one field.
- Use ID as category path – in case you want to add products to categories, that already exist at your store, you may use their IDs to assign products to them. If IDs are available in the file, check this box.
- Keep current category(ies) associations – enable this option if you do not need to update category associations for merchandise to be uploaded and want them to stay in the same categories as well as to add to new categories, specified in .csv.
- Upload images – if you need to append images, check this box (do not forget that image upload requires FTP connection to be established).
- Default image path – on condition that you upload images stored locally, it is obligatory to indicate the folder containing these pictures.
- Image delimiter – in case more than one image is to be ascribed to products, you should use delimiter to separate images within file column.
- Downloadable files upload – in case you have to create virtual items in the process of PrestaShop product import, you should check “Import downloadable file for virtual products” box and appoint the folder, files for downloadable products will be taken from.
- Import attachments – to upload downloadable files to your products, you need to enable this option in import wizard and select local folder that is storing the files.
Date and Time Values Formats and Separators
PrestaShop product import wizard shows Base Formats and Separators window, where date/time formats and decimal, thousand, date, time separators are provided. Make sure these settings match with your requirements.
Now it’s time to map file data with PrestaShop database fields. Performing PrestaShop import with Store Manager, you may have any number of columns and you can easily assign them to corresponding database fields.
The import wizard offers multiple product identifiers and you should select the one you have in the file (product name, reference and name, ID, reference, EAN, UPC).
Having product combinations listed in the file, the must-have is to consider identifier for them. It is very important to select correct identifier or action on this step, what influences combination upload.
- If combinations already exist and you want to update them, you can select combination ID as identifier
- If merchandise do not have combinations or you upload new products with combinations, you should have combination reference provided in the file and select it as identifier
- If products you update in the course of PrestaShop product import have combinations, combinations in the file differs and you select “Regenerate product combination” option, existing combinations will be replaced with ones, indicated in the file
- If you select “Skip combination import” option, no combinations will be updated or created respectively.
Data you upload to PrestaShop can be adjusted with the help of expressions, what lets to bypass manual file manipulations.
PrestaShop Import Options
- Import Method – at first select suitable data appending method. You have the possibility to create and update merchandise at one go, only update, only add or just add products.
- Handling products that are not listed in the file – if for some reason or another you have to handle products that exist at PrestaShop and are not included in the file, undergoing PrestaShop import, consider options, the wizard provides – make these listings disabled, set their inventory to 0 or remove from database selecting the suitable option.
- Category Options – on condition that there is no category included in the import file, you can select the category, they will be placed to. Another option lets you ignore the categories, specified in the file and let Store Manager place them to the most appropriate ones.
- Shop Associations – if you have several shops, but data should be appended to certain one or ones, you should choose these shops on this step.
Once you are done with settings, press Import button to start data appending to PrestaShop.
Information will be transferred properly if you adhere to each step assiduously. With Store Manager for PrestaShop you will upload huge data sets within short time. Experience all the benefits of store management with this tool.
Import Products and Related Details FREE with Store Manager for PrestaShopImport Now
How to Import PrestaShop Products Into Specific Shops?
Configure settings for importing products into multiple PrestaShop stores at one stroke. Read More…
Auto-Select and Import the Latest File from a Directory
Set automatic selection of the latest file from local or remote directory and import it to your store. Read More…
How can i make from multiple single products one combination product ?
Thank you for your comment.
Store Manager does now have a built-in functionality to convert simple products to product combinations.
Although, we will gladly check your request if there is a workaround, for example via export/import option.
To give you more precise answer, we will need to investigate the exact example of the products you currently have and want to change to combinations.
Kindly contact our support to proceed.