Retailers and other online merchants are often trying to keep their accounting on the appropriate level at the same time using computerized point-of-sale equipment. It is possible to make two systems work as one, associating your store with PrestaShop POS software.
PrestaShop POS system of Store Manager makes order management more flexible, simplifies order creation and improves inventory management.
Why Usage of POS Option Might be Useful for You?
- all order details can be configured within one-page POS window
- it cuts down data input time and supports keyboard shortcuts
- allows to add products to order using barcode scanner that reads product EAN codes
- order cash and change calculation is available
- new customers can be created right from PrestaShop point of sale window
- PrestaShop POS has the option to print order invoice
Explore POS Functionality FREE with Store ManagerUse POS Now
Creating Orders via PrestaShop Point of Sale: Step by Step
To launch POS window, navigate to Store->Point of Sale or simply press F11. The mentioned way allows you to open PrestaShop POS window no matter what section is currently active in Store Manager application.
In the window opened you will see a few sections. You can switch between them pressing the hotkeys F+# (depending on the section) or TAB key.
- Add desired products to order in PrestaShop point of sale.
- After the goods were added or selected you need to indicate customer wishing to make an order. You can do it via search (for existing clients) or create new customer in your system by selecting the corresponding button or hotkey Ctrl+F3. Billing and shipping addresses of the customer can be edited if necessary.
- Further you should select delivery and payment method (use F4 key). The possible variants can be chosen from drop-downs. In case for some reason you cannot add this information, check if you have set up payment methods correctly from your admin.
- Select status for the order you create via PrestaShop point of sale from the dropdown as it is displayed at the screen capture.
- When creating orders with PrestaShop point of sale you can set discounts applying coupons (Store Manager for PrestaShop v.184.108.40.2069 and higher). Expand drop-down menu for Coupon codes field and choose necessary code. After the coupon is applied, order total will be recalculated.
- You can even calculate how much change you need to return to client in case he pays cash. It is possible using the button ‘Cash&Change’ or key F9. The currency used you can see in the upper right corner of the window.
- Finally, when you are ready with all the settings you can either create the order (F11) or create and print it out (F12).
ImportantIf you have Advanced Stock Management enabled at your online store and product, you add to order in POS is assigned to several warehouses, POS allows you to select warehouse the item will be taken from.
ImportantIn case you cannot see drop-downs with variants offered, please, check if you pressed ‘Edit’ button before changing or indicating details.
Create orders maximum fast, simply scanning barcodes and adding the goods to the order. Do modifications necessary in a few clicks and make your work a breeze with PrestaShop POS system functionality.