Offering discounts is a popular tool to attract more customers and keep your loyal clients by your side. In this article, we will provide you with a guide on creating PrestaShop discounts from the back office and via the Store Manager for PrestaShop application.
To create a coupon in PrestaShop, go to Catalog => Discounts and press the “Add new cart rule” button. Here you will find three tabs: information, conditions, and actions. Click each tab to configure the settings.
Specify general information of the new discount in the first tab:
- Type the name of the discount that will be displayed to shoppers (for example, Christmas sale).
- Add some description.
- Add a coupon code by inputting it into the field or by pressing the “Generate” button.
- If you want the voucher to be displayed in the cart summary, enable the “Highlight” option.
In the second tab, specify the conditions under which the discount will be displayed: set the coupon’s expiration date, minimum amount, number of available coupons and limit of times the voucher can be used.
Below, you can set the following restrictions defining how the coupon can be applied:
- Put restrictions on specific countries.
- Select carriers.
- Select particular customer groups who will be able to use the discount.
- Select products to be discounted.
- Select shops.
Finally, switch to the third tab and define the actions related to the discount. Setting up cart rule actions is required for the cart rule to be saved.
What actions you can set up:
- Enable free shipping.
- Set the discount as percentage, amount, or none.
- Set the discount to be applied to an order or to a specific product.
- Exclude already discounted products.
- Send a free gift.
When all configurations are done, click “Save”.
Store Manager is a desktop application that provides convenient acces to the default PrestaShop features and offers extra flexibility to make the administration of PrestaShop store even faster.
The process of generating coupons via Store Manager is very similar to how it works in the PrestaShop back office.
To create a coupon in Store Manager, navigate to Menu => Configure => Cart Rules.
If you have created some coupons via the PrestaShop back end, they will be reflected in this section.
To generate a new coupon, press the “Add rule” button and input the name of the discount.
There are four tabs to be addressed.
In the Information tab check the following settings:
- Code – specify the coupon code or generate random code.
- Description – type the description of the discount.
- Highlight – after checking this box your customers will be notified about the discount in the cart summary.
- Partial use – this option allows using the discount more than one time if the order total is less than the coupon amount. In such case, another coupon code will be generated.
- Priority – specify the priority of the discount in case there are other ones.
- Status – by checking the box you will enable the discount.
Switch to the Conditions tab to set:
- Limit to a single customer – use the drop-down to select the only customer who will be able to use the coupon.
- Valid from – select the date range during which the discount will be available.
- Minimum amount – specify the minimum amount of the order for the coupon to be available.
- Total available – specify the total number of times the coupon can be used.
- Total available for each user – set how many times the coupon can be applied by each customer.
As you may have noticed, in Store Manager, the restrictions section is taken to a separate tab.So, switch to the “Restrictions” tab to enable the discount for particular countries, customer groups, carriers, shops and to configure the compatibility with other rules.
And finally, in the “Actions” tab you can enable the following options:
Free shipping – check to enable free shipping.
Apply a discount – select the type of discount and specify its size.
To save the discount, press OK.
Store Manager provides the possibility to quickly export the list of created PrestaShop coupons to Excel or HTML for analytics or other purposes. To accomplish that, press the “Export” button and select suitable format.
Sometimes, you need to apply the generated coupon code immediately, for instance when a customer is on the phone and is asking for a discount. Store Manager for PrestaShop allows you to quickly create an order an apply a discount via its POS tool:
Hope this tutorial will help you to create discouts and promote your products. Try Store Manager for PrestaShop to create and manage coupons, export them for analyses, apply via POS, etc.
Get a FREE trial to create, export, and apply PrestaShop coupons faster! Free Download
How to Bulk Add Specific Prices to PrestaShop Combinations
Assign specific prices to PrestaShop combination massively using Catalog Price Rules. Read More…