“There occurred the issue uploading PrestaShop images“, “No image yet”, “Image duplicated” – those are only a few of the most usual complications, that online merchants experience updating their products with pictures, either manually or in bulk via PrestaShop image upload. Check your merchandise to make sure your customers have best experience.
How exactly Store Diagnostics can help you dealing with your PrestaShop images?
PrestaShop images diagnostics will assist you in figuring out if you have pictures for which there exist records in database, but actual picture is not listed at your FTP, or the images that are at your FTP, but not linked to any products and products with no images.
You might be sure that everything is OK with your images. However, as they say “If you are not aware about the issue, it does not mean that it is not there”. With Store Manager for PrestaShop it is easy to get the list of mentioned pictures.
Let’s view in details the options available at PrestaShop images diagnostics tool.
Missing product images
Running this tool you can get the list of items having records at database with no actual picture at FTP.
Solution for missing images – You can clear incorrect relations or export goods and add correct images to them importing the file back.
Images that are not linked to any product
This type of PrestaShop images diagnostics allows you to see images which are present at your server, but they are not related to any product.
Solution for unlinked images – You can erase images which are not in use in order to save free space at your FTP.
Products with missing images
Using this option you can see which of your products still are left without images. It is especially useful if you have big database and do not want to view each product page to check if all images are there. Moreover, exporting products to spreadsheet, you can ask your supplier to provide you product images or add the ones yourself and then upload them.
Solution for unlinked images – Import images back, in case you can get them from supplier or assign them one by one.
Diagnose your store with 30-days free trial version of Store Manager – www.prestashopmanager.com/free-download/
How to prevent this situation?
To prevent or as minimum know how to fix the issue is very important, since without PrestaShop images the general look of your store will be not finished.
How to prepare to PrestaShop image upload?
Not to get into trouble later on, you should think about groundwork over PrestaShop images, since usually it is the best guard against issues occurrence. So, pay attention to the following points:
- select high-quality and relevant images for best customer experience
- make sure that you have all the permissions to upload images
- select efficient and working tool for images adding. Store Manager for PrestaShop is perfect means for images input, that offers wide possibilities for PrestaShop image upload, enriching store owners with an opportunity to accomplish the task without special technical skills and extra efforts.
- if you add images via import, indicate accurate image names or URLs in the spreadsheet.
How to be if you have faced issue uploading PrestaShop images?
In case you already have encountered the problem uploading pictures, here are a few tips for you to check:
- rebuild catalog index and flush shopping cart cache (it is possible directly from Store Manager)
- check if you have not exceeded allowed limit and you still have free place at your FTP
- make sure that you have moved to new PrestaShop storage system
- make sure if images are uploaded to your FTP and physically exist there
- carry out PrestShop images diagnostics using Store Diagnostics tool of Store Manager for PrestaShop and see the list of missing, doubled images or those images allocated from items.
Images issues are also tracked by Google and other search engines and they badly influence on your rankings. Be aware of the situation you currently have and resolve the images problems to make your store like a glance.
Have more images questions? Leave us a comment!