Managing PrestaShop store, merchant has to pay careful attention to SEO strategy, keeping accurate catalog meta information for better store visibility on search engines and correspondingly, customer could discover his shop and want to click through on the product page.
Searching every item for the purpose of keeping control over all store meta information becomes really time-consuming procedure if you have big database. Here PrestaShop Store Diagnostics tool will assist you with detecting products that need SEO improvements to be made.
How Does the SEO Part of Store Manager Store Diagnostics Work?
PrestaShop Store Diagnostics SEO tab consists of the following diagnostics types that help to scan meta issues:
- Missing meta titles or meta descriptions – will help to find products without meta details specified and gives the possibility to fill in the needed info to the items directly from the context menu.
- Meta title of meta description is out of range – identifies the product, whose meta title length is less than 15 symbols and exceeds 70 symbols. For meta description range is from 50 to 160 characters. After you go to product and make corrections of the corresponding fields, the character number color on the left can change from black to red (denotes the limit of pointed symbols).
- Meta title duplicates – this type retrieves products with duplicate meta title that can negatively impact website’s search engine rankings.
- Meta description duplicates – works analogically as the previous one, only with descriptions.
- HTML tags in meta title or meta description – obtains a list of products, whose meta data includes HTML tags.
- External URLs in descriptions – checks existing meta description for outside links.
In case you have a multi-language PrestaShop store and want to change meta title or description, these improvements have to be made to each language separately.
To see the overall picture of product meta issues, the result of store diagnostics is displayed in the form of charts in the lower grid of the section (the orange color represents existing issues and the green one displays already fixed problems).
For more shopkeeper convenience, the note about last diagnostics performance is available under the toolbar of the program. You can also specify the certain period of time (established or custom) you want to run diagnostics for.
Store Manager for PrestaShop store diagnostics SEO section allows to scan issues in accordance with the specific type of diagnostics and immediately correct the needed information using Edit Product option from the context menu.
You can also drag a column header to a special area under the toolbar to group the list of products by the column you need.
In case there are lots of products that require enhancements, you may use export/import option to massively change the details via .csv file.
Keep your store healthy with Store Manager for PrestaShop Store DiagnosticsTry FREE
How to Optimize Store Diagnostics for Getting Instant Images Listings?
Discover what are most common PrestaShop images troubles and how to solve them. Read More…