Bridge Connector is a module, you need to install in PrestaShop store Admin (Cloud or self-hosted) to fluently connect Store Manager desktop application to database. Use Bridge Connector to access PrestaShop database via Store Manager, take advantage of simplicity and reliability of data handling with comprehensive Store for PrestaShop application.
This tutorial will guide you through settings you should accomplish to get Store Manager connected to PrestaShop store and fluently work with it.
1. Download and Install Bridge Connector Module
Everything starts from Bridge Connector module installation in your store backoffice. Respectively to be able to download the module you should first create an account at marketplace https://addons.prestashop.com/en/login#createnow. If you have already registered there, proceed with the following steps:
- Log in to the Admin Panel of your PrestaShop store.
- Navigate to “Modules and Services” tab in the left menu and type Bridge Connector in search line to access the module. It will instantly appear from the right side.
- Press “Free” button to be automatically transferred to module page at PrestaShop marketplace.
- Hit “Download” button at Mobile Connector page.
- There will appear dialog window with PrestaShop versions. Choose PrestaShop version, your store is based on and save PrestaShop Store Manager Bridge Connector file.
- Return to module page in store admin and hit “Add a new module” button to add PrestaShop Store Manager Bridge Connector module.
- Select module zipped file and complete the upload.
- Start typing “Bridge Connector” in search line and press “Install” button beside the module.
- Press “Configure” button beside the module to access PrestaShop Store Manager Bridge Connector settings.
- Press “Save” button below at this page to apply changes.
Bridge Connector zipped file will be downloaded to your PC and should afterwards be added in backend.
The module has been added, so now you have to install and configure it.
Done, Bridge Connector module is now configured in your Admin Panel and you can proceed with settings in Store Manager for PrestaShop application.
2. Set Connection in Store Manager
In order to connect Store Manager to PrestaShop database you have to do the following in the application.
- Access “Preferences” window either pressing F12 button or via main menu.
- Select “Database Connection” tab in the left menu and add new configuration.
- Check radio button for Bridge Connector (used also for PrestaShop Cloud stores) connection type and provide details in required fields, namely store URL, bridge login and password, the one you have configured in the backend for Bridge Connector.
- Press “Test Cloud Connection” button to verify connection.
Store Manager for PrestaShop is now connected to your online shop, so you can use it for data management.