It is smart to build good relationships with your clients. How is it possible? By offering the thing what they like best of all – allow them to save some money. It is possible by creating special discounted rules for goods by means of PrestaShop specific prices.
Specific prices give the ability to create cost reductions and assign them to shop, currency, countries, customer groups, or even specific client. However, with seasonal changes, there often emerges the need to set special prices for lots of entities at your shop. That is why store owners look for means to bulk add or update reductions.
With Store Manager for PrestaShop you have an opportunity to perform Prestashop specific price import procedure and set the prices to satisfy the needs of different customers. Below in this post you can find detailed tutorial on this topic.
PrestaShop Specific Price Import File
First of all, you need to prepare file with correct number of columns and information included. To have the example of file for import, you can create a few specific prices for products and export them.
- First of all, in any case – either if you are going to carry out PrestaShop specific price import, you need to have fields for identification – product name, ID, references, EAN, UPC etc.
- Specific Price: Shop ID field serves for indicating to which shop to apply this price. In case you need the reduction to be applied to all shops, put “0” value. If to some definite one, indicate its corresponding number.
- Specific Price: Country ID – allows to make your offer more localized and create reduction depending on country users belong to.
- Specific Price: Group ID – applies the rule to customers who belong to a specific customer group (should be 0 for all or particular customer group ID).
- Specific Price: Customer ID enables you to create special discounted price for definite registered user.
- Specific Price: Combination ID – makes possible to assign price to special products combinations.
- Specific Price: Product Price – this is the price from which the reduction will be calculated. For the price to be counted from base price of product, input ‘-1’.
- Specific Price: Starting At – indicate how many products shoppers should purchase for specific price to apply. For example, if you indicate there 5, the person should add to cart 5 items of the same product in order to purchase it for reduced price. This is especially good for bulk sales.
- Specific Price: Reduction – particular value for reduction. In case you are planning it to be amount – indicate appropriate value, if percentage – it should be in format 0,3 for 30%, 0,25 for 25% mark-down.
- Specific Price: Reduction Type – as was mentioned above, you can use either ‘percentage’ or ‘amount’.
- Specific Price: From and Specific Price: To – determine the period during which offer is active.
Let’s see the columns what need to be in your spreadsheet and values included there.
PrestaShop Import Settings
Once the file is ready for upload, you can use import wizard to bulk add PrestaShop specific prices. Wizard consists of several steps, each expecting you to configure some settings. All the steps are carefully outlined in this article – PrestaShop Import: How to Perform Product Upload from CSV File to PrestaShop
What settings are responsible for PrestaShop specific price adding or updating? Let’s cast a look at some.
- IMPORTANT:FIELDS MAPPING
- IMPORTANT:IMPORT OPTIONS
All specific price related fields you have in the import file (as well as other product data) should be associated with corresponding one at database. Check associations you have determined since they are decisive for PrestaShop specific price import.
The last step of the import wizard expects you to set import options: import method, product properties options, category options. In case you update PrestaShop specific price you should choose ‘Add and Modify’ or ‘Modify Only’ import method. If you are updating products with specific prices and adding new ones, select ‘Add and Modify’ method, etc.
Prestashop specific price import is the must for store owners who want to get more revenue without spending too much time of manual input of price reductions.