PrestaShop import from the file is deservedly recognized as leading means of web shop content management. Respectively, it really matters what file formats are supported by the data import tool you have at disposal.
XML files are widely used especially among suppliers. Cooperating with distributors, you will regularly receive .xml feeds including product associated info. The scenario repeats itself – before performing PrestaShop import of .xml feed you convert it to .csv or ask suppliers to provide .csv files, if this format is not supported by you import tool, what is annoying at times and brings inconveniences. Most likely, you will prefer the solution allowing to upload .xml files to database fluently, without data converting and modifications.
Store Manager for PrestaShop deprives you of data import issues and ensures spotless PrestaShop import from .xml fulfillment via data import/export wizard. You get bundles of marvellous possibilities with Store Manager for PrestaShop and import wizard it comprises
- the procedure of data upload is simplified, you are provided by hints throughout all steps of data import configuring
- you are not obliged to proceed with transformation, since data are converted automatically by import wizard
- if you want to automatically upload .xml feeds to PrestaShop, you can use Automated Product Import addon and set scheduled tasks on the basis of which PrestaShop .xml data upload will be accomplished without your interference
- Store Manager ensures accuracy and consistency of data transfer
Another point is how the process itself is arranged and what should be paid attention to? As it was mentioned above, import from .xml settings are being configured within several wizard steps. This procedure is performed by similar to PrestaShop import from .csv mechanism. Actually, data are firstly transformed to .csv and after this settings, typical for .csv feeds upload, should be implemented. In such a way, do the following:
- designate transformation options – specify what is the main product node, set transform mode and link xml nodes to corresponding .csv columns
- choose correct delimiters and preview data to be imported
- set .csv file columns and PrestaShop database fields associations – indicate what fields at database this or that column refers to and choose identifier, products will be recognized by. Note, if there is information on PrestaShop combinations and you want to update already existing or create new ones, indicate in what way combinations will be identified
- before pressing Import button you must designate suitable import options. Firstly choose PrestaShop import method, depending on whether you are updating PrestaShop catalog, enriching it with new merchandise or performing both operations. Thanks to product options you can handle product data, for example, delete product images before import, clear product customized fields or delete specific prices for products. If the category, products should be placed to, is not provided in the file, specify category these goods will be uploaded to on this step
Make PrestaShop import from .xml flexible and efficient with Store Manager for PrestaShop. File transformations, which were compulsory previously, are in the past – upload .xml data via import wizard.
Related article contains step-by-step instruction on how to proceed with .xml import to PrestaShop – www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-import-xml-feeds-to-prestashop/