PrestaShop platform, known as fast-paced and versatile platform, wins spurs briskly. Merchants from different countries use this shopping cart to run their shops efficiently and increase profitability. This notwithstanding, shop owners by all means try to optimize PrestaShop .xml import and enhance data management in such a way.
To enhance data upload possibilities and make it of straightforward character one should resort to PrestaShop product import means Store Manager for PrestaShop includes. Product import wizard organizes the procedure into several logical steps, where you should designate data upload from .xml settings.
In order to attain desirable data import outcomes and avoid malfunctions in the course of data transfer, you are supposed to proceed with the following:
- set up FTP connection if product pictures are provided in the file and should be imported
- check the file, product details will be imported from and ensure necessary fields are recorded
- if needed proceed with database backup
Afterwards designate PrestaShop import from .xml file settings, as it is described below in this article.
Select the File for Import
After you start up the wizard from Tools -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Products or product toolbar and opt for the import operation, you will be transferred to the step, where import file should be provided. It can be local file or that placed at remote location. You must firstly select the source of the file and afterwards designate file settings.
Convert XML Data to CSV
This stage of PrestaShop import is responsible for input .xml data transformation to .csv. Firstly base product node, that contains all the details on a product, should be selected. Afterwards set transformation mode depending on node structure. Once you are done with this, proceed with fields associations – define what .csv column this or that .xml node refers to. Pick .xml node from the list to the left and drag-and-drop it to corresponding .csv column to the right.
Designate File Delimiters
After information is being converted to .csv and the following wizard window comes up, you should set delimiters used to detach multiple values, subvalues of values and terminating character used to detach categories in category tree. Below data you are going to transfer in the process of PrestaShop .xml import is displayed in preview window.
If you are going to upload images or downloadable products, proceed with corresponding settings.
Set CSV Columns-Database Fields Associations
On this step you should indicate what fields at PrestaShop database this or that .csv file column corresponds to. Opt for product identifier and combination identifier, if product attributes come in the file.
Proceed With Import Options
Before you commence on PrestaShop product import itself, you should set proper import options – data upload method, actions over products that are not recorded in the file, category options, choose necessary product options and category associations.
Being able to import PrestaShop .xml data on the fly opens new possibilities and perspectives for efficient store content management. Upload feeds with Store Manager for PrestaShop – experience all the advantages of efficient data management.
Read related article on PrestaShop import of products –
Upload .xml data to PrestaShop FREE with Store Manager for applicationUpload Now
- How to Upload Excel Files to PrestaShop?
- Import Products to PrestaShop using Store Manager
- Get the Sample of PrestaShop Import CSV File
- How To Change Product’s Price and Quantity in a Few Seconds?
- Update Stock for PrestaShop Combinations in Bulk
- Make Your PrestaShop Product Import Automated
- Set Up Scheduled PrestaShop Product Export to Create PrestaShop CSV Data Feeds
- How to Manage PrestaShop Data in the Process of Import by Means of Expression?
- How to Import Multi-Lingual Product Details to PrestaShop
- Update PrestaShop Inventory Having Only 2 Columns in Import File
- PrestaShop Data Import or How to Perform Product Import from .csv File to PrestaShop
- How to Import PrestaShop Products Into Specific Shops?
- Make Your PrestaShop Import Successful Once and for All
- This Is a Chance for Bright PrestaShop Inventory Management
- How to Accomplish PrestaShop Cron Import with Automated Product Import Addon?
- Auto-Select and Import the Latest File from a Directory to PrestaShop
- How to Make Bulk Updates Easily
- How to Import Multiple Images to PrestaShop Products
- Import PrestaShop Products into Multiple Categories/Subcategories
- Tips on How to Import PrestaShop Attribute Combinations