Running an online store, you strive to ensure fast and correct performance of your PrestaShop front and back office. But sometimes when you face an issue, you can’t figure out where it comes from. For cases such as website blank screen, error 500, or when your shop behaves untypically, you can use the PrestaShop Debug Mode.
After enabling the Debug Mode in the admin, the check of the server performance is run. If some issue is found, PrestaShop will show you an error message describing the issue.
Further, you can address the issue yourself, search for the solution to this certain issue, or pass the screenshot of the issue to your developer.
How to Enable PrestaShop 1.7 Debug Mode
In your PrestaShop admin, go to the Advanced Parameters => Performance and scroll down to “Debug mode”. Set the option to “Yes” and press “Save” to apply the changes. Reload the page to see the result of the check.
There are two more options in the Debug mode section:
- Disable non PrestaShop modules. Oftentimes, issues with your online store are caused by third-party modules or customizations. Looking for a solution on forums, you might have noticed the advise to disable modules and check if the issue persists. So, you can use this option to disable all non-native modules at once (not one by one).
- Disable all overrides. Similarly, setting this option to “Yes” will disable all classes and controllers overrides. Thus, you’ll be able to check if the issue is caused by some third-party code.
Discover and Fix Other Store Performance Issues
Store Manager for PrestaShop offers extra tools to detect and fix issues with your store performance. Store Diagnostics tool performs the following checks:
- Image Diagnostics – detect products without images and image covers. Find images that are present on the server but not assigned to any product.
- SEO Diagnostics – missing and duplicate meta titles and descriptions, external URLs in descriptions etc.
- Data integrity Diagnostics – detect products with extra and missing language records, products not linked to any shop.
All you need is to select the issues you want to detect and press the “Run Diagnostics” button. Read more about PrestaShop Store Diagnostics.
Try Store Diagnostics tool with Store Manager for PrestaShop FREETry now!