Import Products to PrestaShop using Store Manager
PrestaShop, being scalable, robust, multifunctional and approachable shopping cart, has quickly gained many admirers. It endows PrestaShop store owners with a perfect possibility to take control over e-stores development. But to accelerate business performance and make great leaps is building a giant web store, one should possess a decent PrestaShop import tool for swift and accurate store data updating and uploading.
Store Manager for PrestaShop extends platform’s possibilities and allows online merchants to fulfil first-class PrestaShop import of products procedure. Built-in Store Manager Import/Export wizard provides store owners with useful tips and pieces of advice on each and every step of PrestaShop import from .csv. The video below will demonstrate you how fast and effortless PrestaShop import of products is with the Import/Export wizard tool.
To perform PrestaShop import from .csv operation in a suitable manner you have to pay heed to the file you are about to import. Depending on what you have to do: update store data or upload new information to the database, organize the data in the file. If you need to “renew” store content, you do not need to import all the product related information. For example, if you have to update price of already existing at your store products, in the file you have to indicate some product identification method (product name, reference and product name, product ID, etc) and price. On condition that you are planning to upload new products to the store, make sure all the product related information is indicated in .csv file.
Having completed all the preparations with the file, launch PrestaShop import tool and start data import. Import/Export wizard can be launched either from products toolbar or in the “Tool” section of Store Manager.
Here you can find the short overview of settings you need to do on every step of PrestaShop import from .csv:
- Having launched the wizard, the window with options of products import or export will appear. Choose the one you need - PrestaShop import products from .csv. The wizard allows you to do database backup, so that you shouldn’t worry of mistake occurrence, as the data will be saved.
- On this step of PrestaShop products import you have to specify file source type and name. Indicate file name if you import local file or HTTP URL, FTP URL to file if you have to import remote files. Note - you can load settings once you have them saved, avoiding reconfiguring each time in such a manner.
- Next step of PrestaShop import from .csv expects you to indicate delimiter and quote character for separating strings and columns of the file you import. If you are performing categories import as well, you have to specify category separating sign. To avoid mishaps and obstacles during the import process, PrestaShop import tool offers .csv file preview table, so that you can check whether values were indicated properly and data are arranged properly in the file.
- Continue data uploading with “Next” button. Here you should choose product identification method and assign .csv file columns to corresponding database fields, so that the data will be parsed properly. If fields and columns names coincide, use “Auto Fill” option and this operation will be automatically done.
- One more time check whether the data are organized accurately on “Preview Data Import” step of PrestaShop import from .csv.
- This step of the import process requires you to indicate the import method. Depending on the option you choose, the further actions over PrestaShop products will be done.
- Press “Import” button and PrestaShop import tool will accomplish data import. You can check the process results displayed on the final step of data uploading.
As far as you follow each and every step of PrestaShop import of products heedfully, the process will be a great success. Store Manager for PrestaShop turns complicated store data management into smooth and resultative procedure. Experience all advantages of data import by means of Store Manager Import/Export wizard!
Documentation for Store Manager for PrestaShop is available here