Shoppers who are trying to make purchase online usually rely upon PrestaShop images in their decision to place the order or not. As there is no other way to evaluate or check out the product, pictures are perfect “promoters” of goods at your PrestaShop store.
Adding images you should consider the easieіr and most undemanding way of performing the process. There exists the one. PrestaShop images are added flawlessly simply by dragging and dropping within Store Manager for PrestaShop.
When you open the software and decide to add image to a product, you select the item and in the lower grid, check Images tab.
In case all the options are greyed out and there are no images which have already been uploaded previously, then it means that you haven’t set up FTP connection and not able to upload or manage images.
To set up FTP connection, open Preferences (F12) ->FTP and indicate there all the settings.
Options to manage your PrestaShop images
After connection is setup, you can return and manage your PrestaShop images.
The following actions are at your disposal:
- add image using corresponding button that allows to append one or a couple of images for the particular product
- replace selected image with another one to be added instead
- edit caption of the image and change picture description
- delete image action enables you to remove selected images. To select a couple of images, press Ctrl button selecting necessary pictures.
- copy image from one product and paste it to another. Pasting image to the same product you will duplicate it.
- change the position of PrestaShop images moving them up or down using the corresponding buttons
- make one of the images as a cover. It means that it will be reflected as main product image at the front-end of your PrestaShop store.
Store Manager for PrestaShop is empowered with useful ability to add images using drag&drop. Basically, all you need to do is to press “Add image” button, browse through the folders of your local computer, click on the necessary image(s) and move them to the place where product images can be previewed.
Images from URL
You have the links to images? No problem! With Store Manager for PrestaShop there is no need to download pictures to your PC before the upload. You can click on “Add image” button and instead of selecting the one from the folder, simply paste the link to an image.
FTP task queue
All the PrestaShop images you are appending to products at your PrestaShop store are getting to FTP tasks queue. In case you are adding multiple images at once, they require some time to be uploaded, thus, they form a queue and are adding in turns.
Now that you have a few tips to work with, you’re ready to get as many images as you need. Images attract and with Store Manager for PrestaShop your store will delight the eye.
Find out how to upload PrestaShop images importing them from the file –